Thursday, May 30, 2013

A peek into my crazy mind...

"All the significant battles are waged within the self"

It's no secret that I tend to have longer preps than what is considered "normal"...I typically diet anywhere from 18-20wks. This prep for Team U when all is said and done will roughly total 24wks or so. Being in the prep mode for that length of time can and will lead to MANY ups and downs.

So many times we focus on our food or getting our bodies to perform and how we look that we tend to forget that our greatest weapon and most important factor in our journey is our own mind and thoughts. One of the most underestimated aspects of contest prep, it the use of your MIND!

For me, visualization is a KEY to my success....
There is always a turning point for me during my prep where I can see the light at the end of the tunnel if you will. When it seems so far away, I can't picture the finish line, it really does make it hard sometimes to keep pushing when I want to give up but when I turn the corner and it's at that point where I actually begin to SEE my end result..I can visualize everything from my physique to my hair, suit, tanning etc..I can see the package that I have been working hard for.

I know I crack jokes about picturing shredded glutes when I'm chugging my way through cardio, but it's very much the truth. As much as I loath the actual cardio, it's where I do some of my best thinking. While I have yet to put my routine together (I know, I know!)..I do listen to my music, daily...while I'm getting ready for the gym, while doing cardio etc. In my head I go through what I WANT to do, how I want things to look. Even if I'm not practicing my posing, I'm doing it in my head. I think about little tweaks I may want to make, imagine how it will look etc. I will watch Youtube videos and cruise pics online...which BTW doing that on my phone makes the time on the step mill move a little quicker ;)

The power of a positive mindset cannot be ignored. It really can change your life...if you let it. When your mind is right, everything else seems to just fall into place. Now, don't get me wrong..Anyone who knows me can say that I am NOT Miss sunshine and roses, some would say a cynical bitch, I say a realist lol But, when it comes to reaching goals or being successful (in any endeavor) I do believe that your mind can make or break you. Will EVERYTHING happen exactly as I have drawn it out in my head? Of course not, but I can honestly say for my first 6 shows, the final product was BETTER than I had pictured.

So, there is a brief little glimpse into my mind...the PG rated version lol
Now if you'll excuse me, Imma go cruise the interwebz for glute striations while I attempt to actually get some sleep :)

No comments:

Post a Comment