Tuesday, April 15, 2014

12 Weeks Out

**my brain is scattered so I apologize in advance for the random babbling that may come ahead**

The last week has been a pretty good one overall, things are beginning to move at a consistent pace. I had my check in this weekend with Joe in person which is ideal IMO. I can see the changes in my physique taking place but I am not photogenic and progress pics tend to be less than stellar. After weeks of frustrating check in's with the scale, there was another solid drop this week. Ok, it was pretty much the same, then I went pee a couple of times (literally, like 4 times lol) and I saw a low of 157.2lbs..I haven't seen that number in a looooooooooong time, I talking since last September..maybe.


Stripping down and letting Joe look me over and tweak my posing was good for my spirit (as it usually is). There's no denying the progress I've made over the last few weeks specifically, but it's time to step it up, hit it a bit harder and get things really moving. One of the things we discussed was the possibility of doing a local show prior to Team U...My thought process is (if allowed) to cross over and do both FBB and WP. I figure if they're offering it, I want to do both. Obviously, this is all dependent on my body and WTF it decides to do, but that's how things are bouncing in around my head at the moment.
Now, just because things are progressing doesn't mean we're just rolling along. the boss did make some slight changes to my program for the following week. With the addition of a third lower carb day and a step up with sprints, we're pushing a bit harder going forward.


In all things diet/training related:
I'm still training my balls off, while I may not be shooting for single or double PR's, I am hitting rep PR's. I'm keeping the intensity up and even though I do miss the singles, this is a pretty challenging change of pace.
Unfortunately, just when I'm feeling fit, cardio reminds me that I am still out of shape :( With the weather finally getting nice, I got the bright idea to take my sprints outdoors..Umm, yeah, seemed like a good idea at the time. My hammies, abs, lungs and throat were on fire and I'm still feeling it. I've done intervals on the stepmill or spin bike but I haven't taken it outside in a few years, I was not prepared (and neither were my poor knees) for the impact sprinting puts on my body.


I get a lot of questions about my diet and right now, it's basically 2 different menus (higher carb and lower carb days). I eat the SAME thing every day, just varying amounts depending on my macros. I know there are MANY schools of thought on variety and all that shit but I'm lazy as fuck. I'd rather keep it simple and do the least amount of thinking possible. With that said, NO I do not eat anything I do not like. I enjoy ALL of my meals. Feedings are like clockwork at this point, I don't need an alarm clock..my belly knows when it's time for breakfast lol. My hunger has increased a bit on the lower carb days, I'm not starving but my tummy lets me know it's not satisfied.


**Warning..emotional wrap up ahead**
I guess the moment I begin to get emotional is the sign of prep when shit starts getting real. Yes, I still have 12wks to go, so this is mild lol
Sometimes, I have to stop and think..I'm VERY fortunate to share my life with the most amazing people. Those who push me, who believe in me more than I could even begin to believe in myself. Those who squash any doubts I have and help me keep my mind right. Thank you for listening to my ummm..hysteria lol and helping to give me another perspective that isn't always clear through my eyes.
Whew. Now with that shit out of the way....
Here we go!
  12 Weeks Out:
Stats:
 5'4"
157.2lbs
Training:
Power/Mountain Dog
Diet:
45g Fat/200G Carbs/165g Protein (4 days)
45g Fat/145G Carbs/165g Protein (3 days)
1-1.5gal water
Cardio:
3 30min Steady State/2 HIIT sessions
Supplementation:
Champion Nutrition's Multi-V, Omega 3 Fish Oil, Performance BCAA's, Liver Cleanse, Power Creatine, Power Glutamine, Pure Whey and ThermoGold
Glucosamine and probiotics

No comments:

Post a Comment