Monday, February 4, 2013

Covering all the bases..

Another week down and things are moving along...

I had my check in with my coach over the weekend and it was yet another successful one! After only dropping just over a half pound the previous week, I was pleasantly surprised to see a solid drop of 2.2lbs this wkend. I'm sitting at 150.2lbs, 18 weeks out. I have to admit, I'm such a nerd and I find the shifts in the scale really interesting..The progress and changes in my physique are clear just by looking at myself in the mirror as well as in my pictures. My body is beginning to get it's shape back, seeing some separation and my waistline is sloooooowly making it's comeback...but the most mind blowing thing is that I actually have somewhat visible (oh so fuckin faint lol) ABS! WTF?!? At 150lbs?! Color me fuckin shocked and thrilled :))

I've been getting a ton of questions as far as what my program is like and all that good shit. In my previous prep blog I have given details as far as my exact meal plan, training and cardio programs entail, I have decided to not give so much detail this time around. One of the things that always seem to happen is people see someone having success, watching their progress and then want to just copy their program and end up following to a T what someone else is doing. Prep programs SHOULD (I say should, cause that isn't always the case) be designed for the specific athlete in mind..therefore, what I'm doing is based on MY body, MY metabolism, how it responds ect..

Now, with that out of the way..Lemme say that I am lovin my program =)

My training hasn't varied from the off season..I'm training on a 4 day split, still going heavy and running 5/3/1 for my main lifts and hitting PR's along the way...most notable was hitting 150 on my bench and pulling 275 for 5! Due to some hip tightness/achiness, I reset my squats going a bit lighter, focusing on getting deeper..hit a deep 225 for solid 8. One slight change has been going a bit lighter with military pressing :( I've been having a little discomfort in my left delt so I'm lightening up the pressing for a bit, but still able to rep out heavy lateral raises at 40lbs for sets of 10..No slackin on dem boulders! Feeling strong while dieting FTW!!!!

As far as my diet goes, I am eating a variety of foods..all of which I ENJOY..I am not one of those people that are eating fish and asparagus at every meal..unless you actually love it, then by all means, continue. I'm eating higher protein, moderate/highish carbs and lower fats..egg whites, chicken, oats, fruits, dairy, salads/greens etc and NOM'n the fuck outta it. I do keep it pretty simple, as prepping food for the week can be a pain in the ass when I have TOO much variety and let's be real..I'm fuckin lazy as all hell in the kitchen.

The one aspect of this prep which is greatly different than every previous prep is that I am currently doing ZERO cardio...ZERO, NONE, not a hot fuckin second and I'm dropping fat/getting tighter/leaner! Not doing any cardio is very strange for me..I've never began a prep without some form of cardio, it just feeling bizarre but I ain't complaining..Let the diet do the work, hold onto my muscle and Imma enjoy this cardio free fun while it lasts **BIG SMILE**

And lastly, my supplementation..I supplement year round, so prep is no different...


My daily staples include:
Champion Nutrition's Multi-V, Omega 3 Fish Oil, Performance BCAA's, ProFlex Advance Joint Support, Liver Cleanse, Muscle Nitro PM, Power Creatine, Power Glutamine, Adrenol8 (pre/wo) and Pure Whey (post/wo and also in my yogurt..yummy!)

http://www.championnutrition.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment