Monday, January 28, 2013

Pictures are worth a thousand words...

I have one solid week of prep under my belt and I have to say...It feels FANFUCKINTASTIC! There really is just something about flipping the switch that ignites something in me, the drive, the passion..all of it just seems to know when it's "Go time" and my brain switches to another level. If I could channel this energy into other area of my life, I'd really have my shit together lol

One thing that I have over come (hopefully for good) is my obsession with the scale, the anxiety of seeing a particular number, literally losing sleep the night before a "weigh in" or what I think I "need" to be etc..I went months without even stepping on it, of course with prep under way, it's now part of my weekly routine...yes WEEKLY, not DAILY or jesus fuck..MULTIPLE times PER DAY! It's a tool to track my progress, along with pictures. Over this first week, I can SEE and FEEL a difference in my physique..I seem to be dropping a bit of the fluffiness and look a bit tighter. Not necessarily "leaner" but I can see more shape to my physique. The most noticeable areas are my waistline and face..the two areas that weight (be it fat or bloat/water..gain or lose) is immediately noticeable. 

Now, with that being said..The scale showed a SLIGHT drop. I'm down to 152.4lbs so just over a half pound. Was I hoping for more? Of course..Hello! But, since I can SEE changes, I am finding the numbers just fascinating...No stress, or panic..just information and interesting information at that. As prep progresses, I hope that I can keep my perspective on the scale cause it has made a WORLD of difference in my sanity...Let's cross our fingers and toes on that one ;-) Along with my weight, I sent progress pics to my coach and we're rolling along.

As I mentioned in my last post, the progress pics for the time being (until I SEE real progress lol) are just sent to my coach, but I did snap a quick back shot in the mirror over the weekend and I was SHOCKED at the progress I've made. Clearly, since I've ripped clothing, got stuck in some shirts and cant zip a dress I know I built up my back (width and thickness) but without someone taking pics, it's tough to really get a gauge of how far I've come..As much as progress pics fuckin BLOW, when you take a step back, it really is incredible to see the work that you've done and how far you've come. I have much work ahead, but I am really proud of what I've accomplished thus far.....

2012: 17wks out, 127.8lbs
2013: 19wks out, 154.2lbs


So, there it is..pictures don't lie..Hard work pays off and the scale aint nothing but a fuckin number! Yes, I was definitely leaner going into my prep last season at 17wks out vs. 19wks out this season but the gains were worth it and now is the time to see what's under there!




No comments:

Post a Comment