Saturday, June 30, 2012

One month down.......

Boy, I am really sucking at this whole off season blog thing..EEEK! 

Anywho..the first month of my off season is wrap and it was quite a learning experience to say the least. Overall I am happy with the gains and progress that I am making..I'm fuller, thicker and stronger..training is fun again :)) On the downside, I am getting a bit softer/fluffier than I would like so that's gotta change effective immediately. 


As far as my training goes, I'm going to be running 5/3/1 again. I did this last off season (til I got injured) and the gains were fantastic..both strength and size. Physically, I am feeling AMAZING so I'm excited to see what I can do on this program with my body performing at 100% for the first time in a long time. One area that I have been slacking in is the cardio...FML! When not prepping, not having a show in sight..I'm quick to bail on a cardio session cause I hate it so much but I've gotta get back to it and tighten up a bit..fuck, my heart is an important muscle too, gotta keep it in shape!


I'm also going to be making some slight tweaks to my diet. Nothing crazy or drastic but I've been pretty loose lately and quite frankly, it's showing. I'm keeping my protein intake high but will be making a little drop in my carbs which should get me where I want to be..I'll be shooting for 185-200g of Protein, 85-150g Carbs and 45g Fat. There is a line between being full, thick and soft...or squishy and sloppy...I am currently teetering on the line, leaning towards squishy :/ When I gain too much shit weight, it goes right to my waist and face...the cheeks are getting round so it's time to reign it in. 


Now, with all that being said..the plan is in place for the next few weeks to see how my body responds. I still have NOT stepped on the scale..I thought about it for a few but decided against it. I really dont need the mind fuck right now. My clothes are still fitting..getting snug in the mostly the right places (booty and legs) but the waist is eh, getting uncomfortable so no need to add the scale to that mix...yet, but I do plan on checkin in with it in a few so stay tuned for what will no doubt be an interesting moment LOL!


And just to make this post a wee bit more entertaining...
Here are a few recent pics to give ya a little idea of what I'm werkin with!






No comments:

Post a Comment