Sunday, June 3, 2012

What's up?! What's next?!


I've been getting quite a few emails/PM's etc asking if I'm going to continue blogging, what's going on with my competition plans and all that good shit.
 
Since my 2012 competition season is a wrap, I've had plenty of time for reflection as well as really deciding on what my next plan of action should be. I know to most, saying that my 2012 season is over and June has only just begun sounds pretty nutty. I poured my heart and soul..gave my everything into prepping for the IFPA Pro Bowl and I couldn't have scripted it any better. I brought the best package I've ever presented and I took the stage with people whom I respect and admire...The cherry on top was placing 4th in my class. Overall that weekend was the perfect culmination of a journey that started in 2010.
 
Just 3 weeks after the Pro Bowl, I kicked off the heels and jumped into the NPC Women's Physique Division. I was scared out of my mind and kept thinking "WTF are you doing?" but, it ended up being a good learning experience. Obviously, throwing it all together in a few weeks is NOT my style but at the same time, I actually surprised myself. As someone who never performed a day in her life, I just wanted to survive it and not make a fool of myself. Well, turns out that I did more than survive it..I really enjoyed it. All of it..the posing, the routine..everything.
 
Since I have really fallen in love with WPD, I have decided to put the heels aside and see what I'm capable of barefoot :) I have qualified to compete at the National Level but I know I am far from bringing a competitive physique to the national stage. I know a lot of people do show after show..as many as they can fit into a season but that just doesn't work for me and my goals. Do I love competing?? Absolutely! But I have learned how valuable time "off" can be..both physically and mentally.
 
So I can sit back and look at what the first half of 2012 has brought and I am happy with what I've achieved, what goals I reached and what fears I conquered.
My focus for now is to eat, train my ass off, rest and GROW!!!
 
Since this isn't a "prep" blog, who knows how often I'll update or if it's even worth reading...
Feel free to hop along for what will no doubt be another fucked up ride in my crazy head!
 
All aboard.........
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment