Saturday, June 23, 2012

Balance FTW!

Even though I'm really only a few weeks into the full swing of my off season, things are really going well. As much as I love having my plan in place, I'm also making a few tweaks here and there just based on how I'm looking and more importantly how I'm feeling.

As far as my training is concerned, I really couldnt be happier with how I'm progressing. It feels AMAZING to be back in the gym, on the regular and challenging myself with each workout. I'm not hitting any PR's...yet, but with just a few weeks under my belt, I have no doubt that they are just around the corner.  I'm really learing to listen to my body a lot more then I have in the past...So, while I have a "routine" per say, some days the bady can handle more than others and I'm just going with it. When it comes to cardio, I'm getting it in if I have time but definitely not going out of my way to do so ;-) I say the less I can get away with doing, the better but yeah..I've been slackin'

I have to admit, the most stressful part of this nutty lifestyle that I adore so much is the diet. I tend to over analyze and quite frankly panic like a motherfucker over EVERYTHING! I'm usually very all or nothing with my diet...I'm either nailing my macros or eating everything that isnt nailed down. I'm very pleased that I have been in a rockin place of BALANCE! I'm prepping my foods and all the good stuff, but if I'm going out to eat it's no biggie, I make a decent decision and sometimes even a naughty one :-P This is my life and I'm happily LIVING it. One of the changes I have made was to increase my protein intake each day..I've got growing to do and this machine needs it. As I said before, I am not working with my coach/trainer currently but I am fortunate to have some help and insight along the way so I feel confident in the slight changes I'm making.

And in other random, yet exciting news....
I am currently weighing in at---I have no fuckin clue! Yep, I still have not stepped foot on the scale..that fucker is down in my basement where it belongs. If I had to guess, I would say that I am roughly 115-120ish but again, I can honestly say I don't know and I don't care. My mirror says I'm doing well and things are moving in the right direction. I look full but still tight and I feel strong..at the end of the day that is all that matters. Sure, I wish my tummy/waist were a bit tighter as it's definitely softer than I would like but I'm not throwing myself off a bridge over it either. Even when I have those "fat" moments, I check the facts and there is no possible way for me to be fat when I'm still a size 1..and that is that!

And with that, I'll wrap it up til next time..........

No comments:

Post a Comment