Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A woman with a plan!

Ok, I have totally been sucking with the whole off season blog thing LOL! 
But, anywho....
Here is a little recap of life thus far!

I am LOVING life!

One of the biggest changes of my off season is for the first time since I began my competition journey, I am not working with a coach. In all honesty, I would if I could but a trainer/coach is a luxury that I cannot afford right now but I have been very fortunate to have worked WITH (yes, with) someone who didn't just tell me what to do, he educated me and gave me the knowledge and confidence to navigate my way on my own. And of course, if I get a little crazy, Joe is always just a text/email away :) But one bright side is no more weekly check ins and NO progress pics! YAY!!!!!!

When putting together my training/diet program, I of course ran it by the boss to get the OK! See...it's just habit after all these years LOL! I'm running a 4 day split again, love having 2 leg days and since I'm 100% healthy (physically speaking) I'm very excited to get back into really squatting and dead lifting again!!!! As far as the dreaded cardio goes, after prepping for so long I am not just going to cut all cardio immediately. Right now I am still doing 4 sessions a week, only about 30mins or so. When it comes to the diet, this is the area that I always struggle with but I am THRILLED to say that things are moving along with relative ease. Since I'm coming off of prep, I did a moderate increase to my macros...Hitting 45g Fat and 150g Protein each day and 170g/100g of carbs on training and rest days. 

One of my main goals is to STAY OFF THE SCALE! I weighed myself at the start of my program (June 1st) and the scale has not seen the light of day since. I'm using my clothing and the mirror as my gauge...If I'm fitting in my jeans (which I am) and I like the way I look (which I do) then that number really means nothing. Let's be real, if I'm fuckin up and getting fat...I know it and don't need a little box to tell me that. I'm a crazy bitch, I know it and I own it..so yeah, I have days..sometimes moments where I feel fluffy and a little squishy but I can honestly say that I am happy with the look I have right now and I'm comfortable in my own skin. And that ladies and gentlemen is a HUGE mutherfuckin win!

My program in a nutshell is geared toward adding overall lean mass and keeping shit TIGHT!
I'm running my current training/cardio and macro plan for the month of June, then I will take a look at things...reevaluate and see what changes need to be made or if I'm just going to say the course.

June Plan of Attack: 
Training:  4 Day Split (Quads/Calves, Chest/Tris, Back/Hams, Delt/Bi)
Cardio:   4 30min Sessions per week (2 SS and 2 HIIT)
Macros : 45g Fat/100g Carb/150g Pro (rest days)
                45g Fat/170g Carb/150g Pro (training days)
Supplements: See Pic :)





1 comment:

  1. Great post as usual! I know you'll do great packing on the lean mass and becoming even more of a beast! :) Congrats on all your recent successes, it only seems to keep getting better. You still inspire me as you continue to improve and put in the work. As always, keep it up and I look forward to reading about your future successes and I knwo there will be many. Take care.

    ReplyDelete