Sunday, July 8, 2012

For who? For what?

Warning: Imma rant for a hot second....

Even though I may be in my "off season" one of the things I love to do is attend competitions and support my friends as they take their ride in this crazy sport that I adore. I've attended quite a few shows this summer and one thing I really cannot stand is all the bitching and complaining about the sport from the people who CHOOSE...yes, CHOOSE to compete.


Bodybuilding, is not like other sports...it's subjective. What one person likes, another doesnt...One panel of judges prefers one look, while another panel will reward a completly different look. While yes, we all want to win..That's what makes us competitiors, there comes a point where you have to look at the bigger picture and whats really important to you. Does placing all your self worth on a plastic trophy really make you happy?!?!? I hear people whine and complain about everything they "gave up" to get on stage and they still didn't win..If it makes you miserable, if you're not enjoying the experience then why the fuck are you doing it??! The reality is, we are getting on stage in a teeny tiny suit ASKING to be judged on our bodies...Why complain when you don't like what you hear? Sure, it's not always pleasant..but overall it should be a rewarding experience.


As far as myself is concerned, yes..I LOVE this sport and I am crazy competitive. Anyone who knows me, knows that I am a perfectionist and I want to be the best at everything I do..I don't care if its fuckin mini golf (which I suck at BTW) or a game of Candy Land..I wanna fuckin win! I live the bodybuilding lifestyle everyday, but I'm not on stage everyday..Seriously, we get a hot second on stage. I will NEVER be miserable and unhappy with my appearance just to bring the package that could "win" or just to please someone else, I can't worry about what people think of me..I have to love me...I will bust my ass to bring MY best, if it doesn't win, am I disappointed? Of course I am, but I have to live in my skin 24/7/365 and I will not bring a physique to the stage that I am not happy with or proud of just for a trophy. I will bust my ass in gym and in the kitchen to have the look that I desire, the look that I find beautiful when I stand in front of the mirror..Regardless of what anyone thinks.  

While this rant was physique or bodybuilding oriented, the simple principle of "Do what makes YOU happy" really applies to all aspects of life. Everyday we make tons of choices, sure in a perfect world they would all be easy and life would be a ball of fuckin sunshine but that isnt realistic...sometimes shit just sucks lol But, overall in the grand scheme of things, if your choices be it bodybuilding or anything else arent making you smile then what the fuck are you doing and why are you doing it?! Life is too short to be miserable...Yes, I will bitch..rant and complain but at the end of the day nobody has a gun to my head MAKING me do anything...I love what I do, I smile and I'm happy.

Now, feel free to flame me and all that good shit...lol

Til then, I leave you with this little diddy.....





No comments:

Post a Comment