Thursday, March 21, 2013

'Scuse me while I rant......

*hops on soap box*

The internet can be an amazing place--I've found countless sources of inspiration and motivation, I've even been fortunate enough to inspire and motivate others as well. At the same time, the way people feel a sense of entitlement to trash talk and insult others is ridiculous.

I have to say, the one that tops my list of internet pet peeves is the hate/judgement and disrespect toward women in the bodybuilding community.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...What one person loves, another does not. Ya know what? THAT'S OK! Hell, that's why there is chocolate, vanilla and chubby hubby ;-) Just as the topic of what is beautiful is subjective, as is what is considered "feminine". Being beautiful and feminine is a personal feeling---one NOT dependent on the amount of muscle mass a woman carries or how low her body fat % is. FYI: Muscle is NOT gender specific, so can we please shut the fuck up with the "dude" and "masculine" bullshit already?!

People need to stop and think for a hot second before you leave disrespectful comments on a woman's picture...SHE IS A PERSON! She is someone's wife, sister, mother, daughter and friend. You would NEVER approach someone on the street and tell them that their wife look likes a "man" or is "gross" so let's not grow a pair cause you're hiding behind a computer. Throwing your negative opinion and hurling insults is reprehensible and shows a lack of YOUR character. If you don't like what you see, please keep moving along. 

Regardless if she is a bikini competitor, a FBB or anything in between...She doesn't bust her ass to impress you or has any need for your approval. Maybe, just maybe she doesn't give a fuck what you think about her! You need to take a step back away from your keyboard and outta mommy's basement...take a look in the mirror and worry about your damn self. Figure out who you are and why the fuck you are so concerned and intimidated by strong women. 

Now, I cannot speak for others but as far as my own body image is concerned...I am the strongest and most muscular that I have even been in my entire 30yrs! And with that, I can wholeheartedly say that I have never felt more comfortable in my own skin...I have never felt more "feminine" or more like a "woman"....so suck on that!

Yes, this rant was geared toward m'ladies but male or female, at the end of the day...do what YOU love, build the physique YOU want and live your life for YOU...fuck anyone who has a problem with it. 

*As I hop off my soap box*

I leave you with the gorgeous, muscular AND feminine Alina Popa, captured by CZ



1 comment:

  1. YES!!!!! What YOU said!!!! Love it! I'm saving the link to this post! Ha! you go, girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete