Monday, March 11, 2013

Lucky number 13....


Prep is flying by, it's already the second week of March and I'm 13 weeks out! 

I had a GREAT check in with Noel this week, I couldn't be happier =) I dropped another 2lbs and I'm down to 144.4lbs. Obviously since I had a good week, there were no changes to my program..Of course that didn't stop me from asking if I should be doing cardio yet! WTF?!? I'm dropping without the addition of cardio, yet I still ask about it..I know, I'm an idiot. I suppose this wouldn't be an update without me bitching about something and that would be pictures :/ I HATE the progress picture taking process. Even though the scale was down and I do feel like you can see the changes in my pictures, they don't really show how far my shape is coming along. I can see my waistline coming in, but I still look very soft in pictures. I look in the mirror and see clear delt/bi/tri and even chest separation, yet not so much in the pics. I swear in real life, I have hammies...they go into hiding when I take a pic!

On the training front, things have been rockin! Even though I am dieting, my diet isnt crazy strict and since I'm not doing cardio I still have max energy in the weight room. Even as I drop body weight, I am still hitting PR's in the gym. Over the last week, I hit a squat PR of 235x8 and a deadlift PR of 300x3! As long as I feel good, I plan on continuing to throw down...I'm hoping for another deadlift PR this week, so hopefully there will be video to follow :)

As I said, my diet isn't anything crazy so while yes, I am hungry...anyone who knows me, knows that is pretty much my constant state of being lol I am not STARVING or anything like that. I have been asked what kind of cravings I am having and honestly, I'm not really having any. Would I like to live on ice cream, candy and cereal? Sure! But seriously, I'm not food obsessed and I haven't been really longing for anything. Will that change? I would assume so considering my inner fatty doesn't shut it for long, but I'll enjoy this while it lasts.

In other exciting news, I hit the part of prep where shit gets real...

*I'm getting clumsier. Over the last week, not a day has gone by where I haven't dropped, broke or spilled something lol WHOOPS!
*Every song I hear, I now think "Hmm...Oooh, could this be my routine song?" This will be an ongoing process.
*I've been kicking out suit ideas and the thought of renting/used versus new/custom. The reality is, on stage fit is the most IMPORTANT thing. While I would love a beautiful blinged out suit, it doesn't fit with my budget, so I'm opting for fit first and foremost. I have started talking with a designer and I'm confident she will put together something that will make me feel and look my best. 

Before I wrap up, I have to thank everyone who has sent me messages etc to express their support for my journey but more importantly, those who have reached out to tell me that I have inspired or motivated them in any way. I know I don't see myself as others do, but it really BLOWS my mind that I can have any sort of impact on anyone. I'm just me, I'm doing what I love..I'm just a chick who loves to train, the fact that people can take anything positive from my rambling means more than I can put into words. So, thank you again for following along through all my craziness <3 xo

2 comments:

  1. You have HUGE impact! Thank you for sharing your journey. I love following your progress, and I love how you keep it real. So excited to see what comes next! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chelle! I love following all your recipes ;-) I need you to come cook for me lol!

      Delete