Monday, January 7, 2013

Hello 2013!



The holiday season has come and gone (FINALLY) so now is a good time to slow down and catch up for a bit...


I am not one for "New Year's Resolutions" and all that shit but yes..I do set goals, things I want to work on, accomplish or whatever I've maybe been putting on the back burner. 2011 and 2012 have been two of the most difficult and life altering years of my life so I am more than ready to slam the door shut (and deadbolt that fucker) and welcome 2013 with open fuckin arms!

I survived the holidays, celebrated..did the whole party thing, dinner etc..I enjoyed, treated myself and now it's full steam ahead towards the 2013 season...........

I have not been "dieting" but aside from some Xmas NOMZ I have been keeping my diet clean overall. I got my ass on the scale over the weekend and my weight seems to have stabilized. I've been holding steady at 150-151.something or other over the course of the last few weeks. Even thought the number hasnt changed, I do feel like my body composition has shifted a bit..a little less fluffy and a little more solid, so GO ME! I've been training on a regular schedule/routine which is the key to success for me..my lifts are going well and I'm physically feeling good, a little tightness/aches and pains here and there but as a whole I'm feeling good to go. After a few months of getting back into a routine again, while I've been training I havent been doing any max attempts...ummmmm cause my belt still didn't fit :/ So I started using my training partner's (another plus for training with men LOL!)...til this morning when I got MY own belt on...unassisted!!! Over the last couple of weeks, since I'm feeling good I decided to do some heavy squatting and was able to hit 225 for sets of 5 which just felt good to have that on my back again..Of course, that was going to make me give some heavy pulling a shot...after getting 275 with relative ease, I got a little over zealous and figured to give 300 a go...epic fail..but, I was able to pull 245 for 6 this morning so I am confident that if I get back to consistently working on it, my 300lb DL will happen sooner rather than later...

Now with the new year fully underway, I have just 2...count them, 2 weeks left of my offseason! (((GASP)))
I've got my eyes set firmly on June, at one show or another depending what I'm ready for. The boss says prep starts in 2 weeks and what he says goes :) I'll have starting stats, pics (ugh!) and all that good stuff in the coming weeks so for now, it's same shit, different day...

Hope everyone's New Year is off to a fabulous start, leave 2012 where it belongs and let 2013 be the year you go after what you want...No more talking, start taking action <3

No comments:

Post a Comment