Monday, November 5, 2012

I'm still alive...


It's been a long time since I've posted/updated my blog and it's about time I catch up...

The last few months have been nothing short of a roller coaster ride that I wanted to jump off of, the last 6 weeks in particular have been some of the most difficult of my life. Life has thrown me some curve balls that I wasn't prepared for. Every time I felt like I got my bearings, something else would come along and punch me in the throat.
 
The storm I had been weathering had finally wrapped up with an appearance by Hurricane Sandy(no pun intended lol)..I was in the midst of packing for my move the first of the month. As if packing 30yrs of my life up and living out of boxes wasn't enough of a struggle for the last month, I now had to do it with no power or heat, no hot water etc. If anything, being home alone with no power/internet/TV, you have a ton of time with your own thoughts...it can be a dangerous place but it can also be a place for reflection and a change in perspective. I couldn't be more anxious to move on...literally and figuratively. The stress and emotions have had me spinning and longing for the structure and sense of stability I haven't had for months.

I let life knock me down so hard that I was truly at a loss for a while. In times when you are at your lowest, people show their true colors..you really find out what people are made of and I am fortunate to have a group of people who love and care for me on a level that I never knew possible. It's easy to find people to cheer you on with all the "you go girl" bullshit when things are fabulous, but when you can't catch your breath, when you can't get up, the people who REALLY care about you are there to help you wallow for a bit, drown your stresses with ice cream...but then they help you get back up to keep fuckin fighting. I love all you bitches more than you know <3
 
Life is funny---
Things rarely happen the way you want or expect them to and while closing a book is never easy, it's sometimes even painful, the opportunity to write a new one is beautiful and empowering...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment