Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Stop, drop and keep rolling along...


Ok, I've been slacking a bit....
Time to catch up!

Life has been throwing a few curve balls my way lately and it's kinda had my head spinning to be honest. I've thought about everything and anything, processed and now I'm moving forward...There are only so many things I can control and if I can't, I'll do what I always do...put one foot in front of the other (hell, sometimes I'm on my hands and knees) and keep on going!
 
I took a couple of days off from life..
Didn't give a shit about my diet, didn't train, no cardio..nada. I chilled, sat on my ass, slept late and let my body and mind recover..
 
Now, it's on!
I'm about 6.5wks away from my first power lifting meet! In taking a step back in looking at how my body is responding/feeling as well as how my lifts are progressing, I did for a hot second think about bailing since I won't be "ready" but that ain't my style and I'm game! Now, I have decided that this will NOT be a full meet. My squat is just not up to par, my hip flexibility and technique overall need work so maybe down the road but for this venture, I am leaning towards push/pull. I am definitely feeling good about my deadlift and while my bench is not quite where I want it, I still feel good so for now, I'm full force going push/pull but hell..with in the next few weeks, anything can happen but that is where my head (and more importantly my body) is right now. I do have goals in place, as far as numbers I would like to hit but at the end of the day, anything I bring to the platform will be a PR and a check on my bucket list...well, unless I totally bomb..which is my biggest fear :o)
 
And in the not so wonderful world of my fat ass.......................
 
It's time to stop fuckin around and tighten this shit up with a quickness. When I'm stressed, B&J make me feel better ;-) Imma stress eater and we all know how well that works...Mmmmhmm! Anywho, my goal is to drop about 10lbs, which really as long as I hit my macros and throw down in the gym, that will take care of itself. Ideally I would like to make weight to compete in the 132lb class but I'm not going to kill myself to do it, this is supposed to be for fun and I want to keep it that way..My mindset right now is to give my body PROPER fuel to perform..and everything else will fall into place.
 
Next time you hear from me, I'll be babbling about some PR's..(((crossing fingers)))
And that is a wrap....

1 comment:

  1. geez laweez you are so frikken awesome nicole! a powerlifter now?! love it!

    also you got this momma <3 we all have those rough moments in life but thats why you have your friends to pick you up! and im not sure if it means much BUT you inspire me greatly and im rooting for you non stop!

    hope you are having a better week this time around and so amazed by you! thankyou for my daily dose of inspiration- now im gnna try to get muscles like you ;)
    xoxo Meg Orr

    ReplyDelete