Monday, September 3, 2012

Goodbye Summer 2012

It's been quite some time since I've updated, so I've got a lot to catch up on...
Sit down, relax and here I go.....................

I wrapped up my competition season Memorial Day weekend, the official start of summer if you will. I pretty much spent the summer just having fun and enjoying myself after basically prepping for the first half of the year. Yeah, I have been busting it in the gym..training has been incredible and at least I've been putting all the calories I've been inhaling to work for me! My gains in the gym have been awesome, training off the charts but as far as following any sort of macro program..ummmm, big epic fail ;-) I do make sure to get enough protein daily but other than that...I've allowed myself to enjoy whatever the fuck I want! Browies, ice cream, even a few drinks here and there. Now, this weekend I celebrated my 30th birthday so that was the official end to my fatty cakes summer of reckless abandon...wrapped up with B&J Chubby Hubby...I went out in fat kid style :) Sure, I probably (LOL!) over did it here and there but life is too short to live in a fuckin bubble..I had a blast with my friends and that is more important than weighing out my chicken. Sure, I got a pot belly and I'll lose it, but a dessert crawl will be a memory forever <3

Now with all that fatness out of the way, today I am officially back on a clean-macro hitting diet. Not "dieting" as far as eating in a deficit or anything, but cleaning it up and aiming for a bit of a recomp. I've got eggs boiling and tilapia baking..It's game on! Gonna keep training for gains but definitely plan on tightening up a bit. I finally (GASP) stepped on the scale over the weekend..It was the first time in 3 months and holy shit was that scary! I kept putting it off but I finally did it and I was NOT prepared for that number looking back at me :(  As ugly as it was, I am typing this so I managed to survive..I am 5'4" and sitting at 144.4lbs! Now, that was after a 3am banana split so Imma say there's a wee bit of bloat and water retention going on....that's my story and I'm stickin to it!

I have to say, as much as I didn't wanna get on the scale I was urged to (ok more like harassed to!) but I'm glad that I did it. I know where I stand if you will and I can now get a better gauge of my progress moving forward. Ideally, I would like to maintain roughly 135lbs over the next few months all while fueling my body with HEALTHY foods and stepping it up even harder in the gym. Yes, I am MUCH softer (aka FATTER) than I would like to be right now, but the muscle I have put on has made a world of difference in how I am carrying the weight. So, the scale is a tool I will be using moving forward as it its crucial to my goals but it's not sending me off the cliff either..WIN!

My wheels are always turning and I've already begun to lay the ground work for my next goal...
Taking my training from the gym to the plat form!
Stay tuned for my next blog with all the deets!
xo




No comments:

Post a Comment