Friday, September 7, 2012

Here goes nothin...


As I mentioned in my last blog, I have set my sights on some new goals. The competitor in me WANTS to prep and get my ever-growing ass back on stage, but that is just not going to happen this year..I still have much work ahead before I am WP ready. My training for size and strength has been INCREDIBLE..I am hitting PR's and making gains with consistency, so I've decided to jump in and do something that I have wanted to do for a while but lacked the balls to go for....I've got my sights set on a Power Lifting meet this fall!

This is an idea I have kicked around for the last few years but never felt like my lifts were competitive enough to warrant stepping on the platform, but the reality is no matter what numbers I hit, it will be a PR and for me that's what this is all about. This is a personal journey for myself, a goal to cross off my list..a goal that uses my competitive energy towards something NOT dependent on how I look. Boy, that's a nice change of pace lol

As far as the deets are concerned, I haven't committed to a full meet yet...I'm thinking possibly push/pull or even dead lift only. It really all depends on how my body feels as I get closer to meet time. Many of you know that I was held back last year due to several injuries (back and ribs), so I'm trying to play this shit smart...but of course, I tweaked my back the other day :/ FML! Now, with that said after a visit with my chiro (Thanks Dr. Mike!) I've got some great warm up techniques to incorporate as well as stretching for my hips/low back and some PVC rolling..yeah, that shit hurts so fuckin good! 

I was fearful to take the leap and do this but I am fortunate to have so many awesome people in my corner that truly believe in me and help support and encourage me along the way. I am not working with a trainer or anything like that, this is just something I'm doing for ME..but, I do have some experienced people by my side whose brains I'm picking along the way...I'm lucky like that ;-)

Since I'm in a sense "prepping" I will definitely be updating my blog at least wkly, if not more..I'll be tracking my weight (not dieting but more of recomping if you will) since there are weight classes..oh joy! And I'll be updating on my lifts, PR's, reps...hell, maybe even some video!

Until next time....

xo

1 comment:

  1. And there goes the info about the powerlifting... I'm almost caught up

    ReplyDelete