Thursday, August 23, 2012

I'm still alive and babblin....

I'm alive!

Hot damn, seems like I haven't updated my blog in FOREVER!
Don't worry, I am still alive, kickin and bitchy as ever =)

My growth season in rolling right along, just as everything in life..a roller coaster of ups and downs.

As far as my training is concerned, I am still running 5/3/1 and my progress is off the fuckin charts!!! I'm pretty much hitting PR's on the regular...Just this week alone, I hit 115lbs on my bench, 250lb on my dead lift and 225lb on my squat all for triples..HELL FUCKIN YEAH!!!!!! With the exception of my core lifts, I have been doing more lighter weights and higher reps to mix things up. To me, "high rep" has always been 12-15..but, the past few months, I have been hitting as many as 20-30 depending on the exercise and lemme tell you..my muscles are like WTF!?!?!? It's definitely exhausting, different than I have ever trained before but my body is responding and that is undeniable. I am fortunate to train around like-minded people, and their influence cannot be measured...Like a man, ladies...a good spotter is hard to find and can make all the difference ;-) My body is taking a beating, I'm feeling it daily, so I am definitely making sure my supplementation is on point. Glutamine, BCAA's, Fish Oil etc (thank you sweet baby Jesus for CN and their incredible products!)..keeping hydrated as well as getting plenty of rest. I also got in to see my chiro, which I need to get back to doing on the regular and Imma start foam rolling too..I've got to take care of my machine.

As always, the place where I tend to struggle is my diet..
I'm training hard as fuck and my body is HUNGRY! While I know I gotta fuel it to grow, I also don't need to eat like a sumo wrestler...that is a line I struggle with cause this bitch can put away some food! So, I'm learning along the way..making tweaks etc. I tried this whole "listen to my body, eat when hungry" sort of thing but ummm..fuck that! I don't have hunger/fullness cues..so Imma keep eating LOL! Right now, I'm keeping my protein intake higher, carbs a moderate 'cycle'..less on rest days and more on training days, while keeping my fats consistent. My biggest hurdle is stress..Some people have no appetite when stressed, Me? I wish! I am an emotional stress eater. When life stresses me out, I put sweets in my pie hole so I'm working on getting that under wraps. When I'm in the "right" mindset, I can make smart, healthy yet still delicious decisions..even if they aren't "on plan". Overall, I have more good days than bad so I gotta give myself props for that. The reality is, I gotta fuckin LIVE and I'm not going to be on a "prep" type diet year-round..been there, done that..nofuckinthankyou! So, balance and moderation....a never ending quest.

And, finally......weight and body image update ((eye roll)) lol
I am asked, pretty much daily (how weird is that!??) how much I weigh! I still haven't stepped on the scale...since June 3rd! I can SEE the size that I've put on, both lean mass and fluff, so I really have no need for the scale to tell me that I've gained weight. My clothes are telling the story...I pretty much LIVE in my gym clothes cause aside from that, not much fits me. Even my "fitted" t-shirts, I've been cutting the sleeves off cause they strangle my delts LOL! I have good days and bad..I love the shape my body is taking..My delts are round and full, my back is wide and thick, my legs have come up a ton and my booty is round..that makes me THRILLED! Of course, I could live without the jiggly belly tho:( As someone who's "tiny waist" has been my calling card so to speak, losing it really blows but, with the added size I'm putting on..it's all about the illusion anyway, not to mention throwing down some PR's helps me ignore my expanding waistline (repeats to myself daily lol).

WHEW!
Apparently, I had quite a bit to babble on about...
Until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment