Sunday, August 5, 2012

Kickin addictions and hitting PR's

I have to say right now, I'm mentally in a pretty solid place with my off season. Things are going really well and I am thrilled with my progress thus far. While I do have some help and guidance, going at it alone isn't always easy..it leads to a lot of second guessing myself and what I'm doing but overall, I am definitely on an upswing.

My training is fuckin bangin..I am nailing it!
5/3/1 in my opinion is such an incredible program to run..I make such great gains, in strength and the size I'm putting on. It seems crazy, but I literally feel like I am hitting a PR every day in the gym..whether it's with the weight, or reps..I'm always surpassing something I've done in the past and that is a fuckin awesome feeling and just keeps me that much more motivated. Some notable PR's were most recently 215lbs squat for 3, 115lbs flat bench for a single (no spotter, I definitely had more in me!), 95lbs BB press for 5....hmmmm, I think that's all off the top of my head. I know I've been hitting rep PR's on things like lateral raises, dips etc.. I have also been keeping up with my cardio, lifting ALWAYS my top priority so if there's no time for cardio than so be it but I'm definitely getting a few solid sessions in each week.
 
In my last post, I mentioned my attempt at kicking my addiction and let's be fuckin real..wicked dependency on uppers and downers. I am proud to say that I have cut back a TON!!! As far as my stimulants go, I am no longer poppin fat burners and washing them down with energy drinks..GO ME! The only stimulates I am having right now is a couple of scoops of Adrenol8 before I train and maybe a diet soda or SMALL energy drink in the afternoon but even that isn't daily. The crash sucked, I felt like a fuckin train hit me for a few days but I'm feeling good. As hard as that has been to kick, the downers..or sleeping pills have been just as hard. I don't do RX, which I know a few people have asked me about..I'm all about OTC..but of course as the body adapts, I was talking handfuls every night :o) I cut them COLD TURKEY! So, I now lay down and get to sleep with just Muscle Nitro PM...without Benadryl, Unisom, Advil PM's etc..It has been rough though, but overall while it takes me longer to fall asleep..my quality of sleep is better and I don't feel hungover in the morning...and don't need stims to get me going...see how that little cycle works..funny huh?!
 
And in other musings bouncing around in my head...
*Weight: Don't have a fuckin clue
*Why can't I make veggies taste the way the Chinese restaurants do?!!?
*Over this summer heat and my 2+gal of water a day..
*Crystal Lite Mojito and Appletini need alcohol
*It's Aug 5th..Where did this year go?!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment