Thursday, July 12, 2012

Strength is mental and physical...

One of the struggles that I have always faced is the balance of an off season...Prepping, I do so well..It's a fucked up gift of obsession and compulsion that I have...being "normal" well, yeah I pretty much suck at that lol. There is a line between soft and sloppy and I have definitely been walking it tightly but over the last week or so I feel like I'm rolling along and focused again.

My diet is on point, keeping my body fueled towards performance and recovery. My appetite is through the fucking roof..I am literally ALWAYS hungry :/ Let's hope that means baby gurl is getting swole LOL! I'm keeping my protein intake high with carbs and fats moderate. One thing that I am uber excited about is my training! I started running 5/3/1 again and while I'm only almost through my first wave, I feel fantastic and most importantly, I am HEALTHY! I have no nagging injuries, no aches and pains..training feels incredible again. I haven't hit any major PR's yet, but there is no doubt they are just around the corner. I've also been getting my cardio sessions in on the regular..I pretty much hate it, would rather do anything else but hey, if I didn't slack in the kitchen then I wouldn't have to be hitting the treadmill. Overall, after a slight tumble I am back in the swing of things and feeling good in the direction things are going in.

I have been getting a lot of questions from people who see me in person or in pics via FB or whatever...People, ok...other women are always asking how much I weigh! I can still say I don't know..for realz, I haven't stepped on the scale since the first of June and I really don't foresee myself doing it anytime soon. I can see and feel the changes I am making in my physique, I am adding size where I want and when I'm feeling fluffy in other areas, I don't need the scale to tell me. For the most part, the clothes I wear on the regular are still fitting me so until I attempt to put on a pair of jeans I will refrain from any panic attacks. I know how quickly I can become a slave to the scale and that magic number, as much as I am curious..it's not worth the insanity. 

So here's to eating, training and growing...
The only numbers that matter on the one's in the gym :)


No comments:

Post a Comment