Tuesday, March 4, 2014

And here we go................

The meet marked the official end to my off season and with that the switch has been flipped. I've been "dieting" if you will for a few weeks, keeping things tight and dropping the slop. Now that the meet is over, my blog and my life lol are in locked in full contest prep mode tunnel vision. GIDDY UP BITCHES!!!


Now, the plan of action....

While I had my fun navigating my own off season, I don't play that crazy shit during contest prep..so, as of the first of the year, I put my physique back in the hands (and mind lol) of Joe Franco. We had 4 successful years together and I'm confident that 2014 will be no different. If there's anyone who understands my brand of crazy combined with my work ethic, it's him. Joe is handling both my diet/nutrition and cardio. As far as training goes, I'll be taking a page from my off season and running a mix of power and Mountain Dog. I love the intensity and I feel like my physique really transformed with this approach so I'm looking forward to utilizing it with a cutting diet...as opposed to eating everything not nailed down, hey..I was growing ((eyeroll))

I'll be tracking my progress weekly with the scale (shoot me!) and pictures. Both of which make me want to play in traffic. I hit the stage at 125lbs last summer, I'm sitting a good 35lbs (give or take) above that. Of course, WP is by height, so the actual NUMBER on the scale doesn't matter but I am hoping to come in harder and ideally at 130+lbs. Is that realistic? I have no fuckin clue but in my head it is lol I had a fantastic off season, how much of that equates to bigger/denser muscle...we will see. On a positive note, I am carrying this weight better than I ever have in the past so while I definitely have my work cut out for me, I do feel like I'm in a decent place.

As things sit now, I'm currently  (just under) 18wks out from Team Universe. I'm kicking around the idea of  a local show in either Philly or Jersey a couple weeks prior, so we'll see about that but the goal is to peak and bring my best package to Teaneck, NJ on July 4th.


And onto the goods....

18 Weeks Out:


Stats:
 5'4" (ok, slightly under lol)
161.2LBS (UGH!)


Training:
Power/Mountain Dog

Diet:
45g Fat/225G Carbs/165g Protein
1-1.5gal water (which has NOT been happening ugh)

Cardio:
1 Steady State/3 HIIT sessions


Supplementation:
Champion Nutrition's Multi-V, Omega 3 Fish Oil, Performance BCAA's, Liver Cleanse, Power Creatine, Power Glutamine, Pure Whey and ThermoGold
Glucosamine and probiotics





No comments:

Post a Comment