Monday, April 8, 2013

Perspective on progress....

Bodybuilding, contest prep etc is NOT an easy endeavor to undertake...
It's physically demanding, YES but for me the mental battle is always where I find out the most about myself. 

I had my check in a couple of days ago and it was what I needed to really lift my spirits. I'm currently 9wks out and for anyone who has been following along, I've been a tad..ummmm, shall we say frustrated! After the weeks of battle with the scale, I know people thought I was nuts for trashing it and buying a new one but I knew something wasn't right and since I replaced the scale, there has been a consistent downward trend with each check in. Like I've stated COUNTLESS times, it's not the number itself that gets to me, but the lack of progressing. If you're dropping body fat, the scale should be moving..Period. I'm down about 2.5lbs over the last week, my composition is changing and it's clear from the way my clothes fit and even in my dreadful pics. My pictures still IMO (and those who see me in person agree) don't capture how far I've really come but the changes are clear...and hey, if you look better in a shitty picture that's gotta be a good sign right!??! 

There haven't been changes to my program since my last update. Diet/macros are still the same and I've been busting my ass in the gym. I give my EVERYTHING in the gym, some days are harder than others but I get it done. I'm listening to my body and easing up on the power movements. My focus is to drop body fat, maintain my muscle and most importantly stay HEALTHY! My cardio hasn't increased, still hitting 20min sessions on the stepmill (unless someone is on it! GRRRR that pisses me off lol)...and I'm not talking no walk in the park, I run up that fucker! There is no doubt that the addition of the cardio, after not doing any for so long has kicked my body into gear..it's definitely responding.

Am I still stressed and worrying that I'm behind? Do I wish my conditioning were better? Do I still have a long ways to go? Yes, Yes and YES! I set lofty expectations and standards for myself, but I've already come so far and I'm up to any challenge that lies ahead.....

Sometimes, I get so caught up in how much work I still have ahead that I don't stop and give myself credit for how far I've come. I got a nice reminder from a friend who said  "It's a never ending walk, but always take a moment or two to look over your shoulder and admire what you've left behind..." Thanks, Dave K :)

Here's to the next 9wks..Let's fuckin do this! 


What a difference 10lbs can make!




1 comment: