Monday, April 1, 2013

10WKS OUT!!! Say what?!!?!?

YOWZA!
I feel like this prep is flying by, yet at the same time I feel I still have so far to go...

This weeks check in was definitely a frustrating one, so much so that I literally (I am not being dramatic) threw my fuckin scale in the trash! I am convince that fucker is broken :/ It has to be. I've gotten over the obsession of seeing a certain number, I honestly do NOT care how much I weigh, but that the number is moving. The scale has been stuck at 144.4 for month! I stepped on it and it will show me a number (140.2) then shoot right back up to 144.4?? WTF? I can see clear changes in my physique, my facial structure is back and my clothing are fitting very differently...Hell, I'm wearing shorts..IN PUBLIC! How is it even possible for there to be no movement one way of another?? It has been driving me absolutely insane! So, I trashed it and bought a new one. I will get on the new scale for my next check in and use that to track my progress from here on out. Do I sound crazy? Yep and I really don't give a fuck!

As far as my pictures go, while I am NOT thrilled with them by any means, I do think I am seeing progression in them. Again, I don't think pictures capture me accurately at all..I am not photogenic and look MUCH better in person but as long as there is some sort of progress, I'm happy. As much as I HATE taking pictures and yes, I wish I were further ahead etc but in looking back through previous weeks, I can see how far I've come. 

My coach did make some changes to my program this week, which I'm sure will get my body responding. He didn't make any tweaks to my diet this time around, but did add in some additional cardio sessions...Still just 20min, but on the stepmill that 20 is no fuckin joke!That is pretty much the point of cardio throughout my prep, not much but MAKE IT COUNT! I'll take an intense, exhausting 20min session than an hour long walk in the park any day.

A little candid babbling:
I am having quite a few doubts lately...
I question if I will be ready? Should I shoot for a later show? Am I being realistic? There are other shows, this isn't the end all be all...but let's be real, that isn't my style. When I commit to something, I make it happen, it's just who I am and what I do. In some ways, 10wks is still a good chunk of time and in other ways, it leaves NO margin for error. I still have my work cut out for me for sure, but I don't back down from a challenge and I'm ready to dig a little deeper and do what needs to be done to get where I want to be....



4 comments:

  1. Nicole 10Wks is still a long way... wait a few more weeks to make that call. If you have to you can push it 2 weeks more. You look wonderful. Keep your chin up Girl... you have a lot of friends who are right there with you. Don't worry about the scale, it's the physique that's going to win. It's not what you weigh it's what you bring to the stage that WINS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much <3
      I'm staying focused and following the plan. It's tough when I still feel like I have so much further to go, but I'm doing what needs to be done and giving it my all. I can't ask for more than that.

      Delete
  2. You have put in the work and your transformation is full proof of that. You will hit that stage looking great! You are too much of a perfectionist to accept anything less. As always you inspire me to keep woking to improve. You're Awsome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Your message has put a HUGE smile on my face :) You know the standards I have set for myself and I will never settle for less. You're an incredible person and I am ALWAYS rooting for your success xo

      Delete