Friday, January 24, 2014

((GULP)) 3 Weeks Out

Entry is signed, sealed and delivered!
(Ok..it's really paypal'd but that's not as catchy lol)


Even though I had already mentally committed to the meet, until that shit was on lock, it didn't feel "real"...now, it's fuckin on!

The countdown is now at just 3 Weeks til my meet..OMFG! There are a multitude of thoughts/emotions going through me at any given moment. I'm REALLY excited, but at the same time, since it's something I've never done there is a bit of fear of the unknown. While I'm not new to the power lifting world, I am new to the platform but I honestly can't think of a better way to wrap up what has been an awesome off season.

In my last post, I expressed my ummm...frustration with my training as of late, well thankfully this week was definitely a more positive one...

Have I mentioned how disappointed I am that this isn't a full meet?!?!? My squats have really come a long way and they're one of my best lifts. After hitting a PR last week, I went in after having 2 solid days of rest and hit 275x3, 285x1, 295x1 then 305x1..It was a sweet fuckin night! The fact that just a couple of months ago, 275 was my 1RM and I'm now repping it smoothly is a hell of a feeling...Yeah, I'm now chasing a 315 squat :D

My bench has been a serious thorn in my side..I've been STRUGGLING on another level. After 3 weeks of just failing during my training sessions, I was able to hit 165 for 2 sets of 3..while, I'm less than thrilled with the numbers, I was relieved to have a good night.. My form seems to be my sticking point on the bench. I still have yet to hit my max from last off season, so to say I'm frustrated and disappointed would be putting it mildly. Obviously, I will not be breaking any records, but with just a few weeks to go, now isn't the time to make crazy changes. At this point, I'm just going in with the goal to not bomb and I'll work on fixing things after the meet. I really think I should be allowed to sub my bench with squats..just an idea lol

Fun with deads! One thing I suck at doing is even estimating or projecting any sort of numbers. The last time I attempted a 1RM, I hit 340 and failed at 350..recently for reps I was able to get 330 for a triple, it was a grinder after doing sets with 310 and 320, so what can I expect down the road, hell if I know lol My deads have progressed a bit slower than I would like, but I think that has more to do with my lofty goals which aren't always realistic..so while it may not be in a few weeks, 405 WILL happen!


Now I'll wrap up with all things physique oriented..I'm fat lol Ok, I kid, kid..kinda.
My weight is pretty much holding steady at about 162.(somethingorother)lbs, slightly annoyed but I do feel like my composition is shifting a bit, so I'll take that as a win. I have been getting in a few days of cardio each week, which is a lovely reminder of how out of shape I am. My diet has been pretty "clean", I'm hitting my macros for the most part, except for a rare meal out but even then, I'm making decent choices..No dessert menus for dinner :/

I've been asked several times if I am cutting weight...NO. Whatever weight I weigh in at is the weight class I will compete at, prep will begin soon enough, so I'm just rolling along at this point...





No comments:

Post a Comment