Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Mark yo calendars!

.....And there you have it!



Yes boys and girls after much "coulda, woulda, shoulda"...I'm finally going to be getting my ass out of the gym and onto a platform! One of the things I cannot stand is those people who are the "someday, I'm gonna...eventually" type people, so enough of that shit from me...Someday is here and I WILL do it!

Truth be told, this is a long time coming as it's something I've wanted to do for some time now. Finally committing to it, putting it out there has me beyond excited and scared as fuck lol Scared of what? Failure..bombing..I hold myself to high standards, I expect much from myself so I have a tendency to put immense pressure on my shoulders, but I'm taking a different approach with this as it really is about having fun and checking shit off my bucket list.

As far as my training is concerned, as everyone knows, I always train for power so while I'm not specifically training to hit certain numbers come meet day, I am running a new strength program to get past some plateaus and nail some PR's while always working on my technique. With concern to the numbers game..Yes, of course I have numbers in my head I'd like to hit but the this is so much more than that, no matter what, just finally get up there will be a victory for me....in the gym, my maxes are a 325lb pull and a 185lb bench (which I've only hit once), a 275lb squat and a 135lb military press which obviously aren't relevant for this meet but I'll still be working on those lifts as well. Not necessarily meet related but my personal goals are a 405 pull, 300 squat and 225 bench and to rep out 135 on my presses.

On a slightly random and unrelated note, this weekend I made the trek up to Diamond Gym for RXMuscle's Bros vs. Pros. I had NO intention of actually competing, I was just going for fun and to see some friends but at the last minute, after being strong armed lol into it, I did enter the dead lift portion. Having just pulled heavy the day before and not having my chucks or belt with me, I was definitely out of my element and unprepared to say the least but it was a fuckin blast. I never pull for any sort of high reps so I was gassed...165x32 (I think lol), I probably had more in me, but eh..it is what it is. Thanks to Amanda and Colette for talking me into it and John for being a logical voice of reason. Just jumping in was a hell of a time with my girls, no doubt, it's something I will do again...but I'll be prepared next time :)


Random tidbit for ya:
I officially weighed in at the highest number I've seen on a scale...Just under 5'4" and 165lbs. Dear sweet baby jeezus, let that be muscle! *I was wearing sneakers, drinking a RockStar and I have a lot of hair lol...that's my story and Imma stick to it! I suddenly have the urge to diet and do cardio. {{is it time to prep yet???}}

No comments:

Post a Comment